Unique Local Attractions
• Winchester Mystery House www.winchestermysteryhouse.com
• California’s Great America www.cagreatamerica.com
• Roaring Camp Railroad http://www.roaringcamp.com
• Moffett Field www.airshownetwork.com
• Santa Clara Mission Mission Santa Clara de Asis 500 El Camino Real, Santa Clara, CA 95053 408-554-4023. The 8th of 21 missions built in California.
• Even more ideas! Japantown, Peralta Adobe and Fallon House, the Rosicrucian Museum and garden, the Rose Garden, plus Kelley Park, which includes Happy Hollow Zoo, the History Park, and the Japanese Friendship Garden
• San Jose Silicon Valley Tours http://www.sjsvtours.com. 408-241-3707 Have a professional tour guide take you to the Google, Linked In, and eBay campuses; Stanford University; and the small, unassuming Palo Alto garage that’s known worldwide as the place where Hewlett-Packard was born, local highlights like Japantown, gardens zoos and parks, tours of local wineries or up into the sights of the Santa Cruz Mountains.
Yes, we recommend the following Transportation options locally:
• Enterprise Car Rental 15011 Los Gatos Blvd. Los Gatos, CA 95032 phone 408-402-9522
• Summit Bike Rental 111 E. Main St. Los Gatos, CA 95030 phone 408-399-9142 - Walking distance to Hotel Los Gatos and Spa
• Los Gatos Transportation Links http://www.losgatoschamber.com/transportation.html
• Los Gatos to Santa Cruz Map Example http://www.google.com/maps?action=log_trip&daddr=Santa+Cruz&date=12/18/2012&f=d&ie=UTF8&saddr=Los+Gatos+&time=11:58am&ttype=dep&dirflg=r
• Silicon Valley Bus service http://www.vta.org Light rail and bus routes. Interactive Planner
• Airports SJC San Jose’ International Airport http://www.flysanjose.com/fl
SFO San Francisco International Airport http://www.flysfo.com/web/page/index.jsp
OAK Oakland International Airport http://www.flyoakland.com
MRY Monterey Regional Airport http://www.montereyairport.com
VTA (Santa Clara Valley Transit Authority)
Buses that service Los Gatos area are #27, 48, 49, & 76.
48 & 49 are shuttle buses taking you to Winchester Terminal for Light Rail connection.
Amtrak Reservations and Schedule Information
Railroad service to various points across the US. Provides bus and alternative transportation to service areas where train is not available.
BART ( Bay Area Rapid Transit )
BART runs from Fremont to Oakland, Concord, and San Francisco. Connections can be made through Santa Clara Valley Transit Authority.
Greyhound Bus Service
1 (800) 229-9424
70 S ALMADEN AVE, San Jose, CA 95113
Greyhound buses operate out of their San Jose depot.
Bureau of Consular Affairs - International Travel Safety Line
The phone number above offers recorded information and travel advisories regarding international political conditions. The website provides access to all travel services, including a list of foreign consulates, passport information and forms, health advisories, customs information, and a list of related telephone numbers.
(800) 660- 4287
CalTrain is operated by Southern Pacific and VTA offering commuter service from Gilroy to San Francisco. Connections can be made with VTA bus and light rail.
Highway 17 Express - Ideal for connecting to Santa Cruz and San Jose.
tdd/tty: (408) 321-2330
A cooperative effort between VTA and Santa Cruz Metropolitan Transit District provides express service between Santa Cruz and San Jose on weekdays between the hours of 4:40 am and 8:00 pm, (10:15 pm when SJSU is in session.)
97 E Brokaw Road # 140 (408) 436-2865
San Jose CA 95112 fax: (408) 437-9499
tdd/tty: (408) 436-0155
Outreach is a demand-responsive (within 48 hours) paratransit service. Door-to-door service is provided, taking clients to medical and dental appointments, banks, grocery shopping and senior programs. Available to the frail, elderly and disabled individuals in Santa Clara County who are unable to use public transportation and do not drive.